As the first commercial supplier for femtosecond(fs)-laser-written Fiber Bragg Gratings (FBGs) worldwide, FemtoFiberTec provides FBGs, that open up completely new sensing possibilities for a wide range of industrial and medical sensing applications. In contrast to conventional FBG solutions, FemtoFiberTec can write FBGs into all optical transparent fiber materials with a broad variety of fiber coatings – e.g. high-end speciality fibers as well as lowcost commodity fibers. The fs-written FBGs are of superior strength, withstand temperatures of up to 1,000°C and can be immune to hard radiation and humidity. Thousands of FGBs can be integrated into one single sensor array to allow multipoint measurements along distances of many kilometers. The manufacturing technology provides the highest possible flexibility in terms of customer individual FBG specifications and production volumes - from one up to thousands of units. Customer orders are produced within shortest lead times in industry.
Femtofibertec is able to offer an outstanding variety of FBG specifications. Besides the "Standard FBG portfolio" for sensing applications, Femtofibertec offers highly customized FBG production, including arrays for special applications. The fs-writing technology allows for writing FBGs and waveguides into any kind of optically transparent material and through a variety of coatings. As the only supplier in the market, Femtofibertec is offering FBGs in radiation hard and carbon coated fiber. High length and FBG arrays with several 1,000 FBGs for quasi DTS are also available. Femtofibertec’s sister company Loptek GmbH & Co. KG provides housed and calibrated ready-to-use high temperature probes up to 900°C and specific solutions for optical measurements in high temperatures and high pressures.
High temperature sensor array for spatial temperature control
• Sensor array with up to 50 single measuring points
• Integration of numerous arrays into one system allows temperature
control of large spatial areas in e.g. industrial processes
• Approved and tested usability for temperatures up to 300ºC
• Designs for higher temperatures up to 1,000ºC in final testing phase
• Customer specific solutions regarding sensor design (sensor specification,
housing, connectors (FC/APC or LC/APC), cabling) and interrogation system
Single fiber bragg gratings for point sensors - radiation hard
• Single-point optical temperature and strain sensors
• Customer individual specifications
• Reflectivity of up to 99%
• Temperature stable up to 1,000ºC
• High tensile strength – no strip-and-recoat
• Any type of fiber – no doping required (pure core and special fibers possible)
• Various coatings (acrylate, polyimide, carbon)
• FBGs in radiation hard fibers for sensing applications in nuclear environments
Ultra-long fiber bragg grating array for oil & gas and structural health monitoring
• Quasi-distributed temperature and strain sensing
• Thousands of gratings in one array of several kilometers/miles
• Real-time data acquisition
• Unrivaled performance in harsh environments (H2O, high temperature)
• Customer specific design of fiber cable
Phone: +49 30 6288730
Fax: +49 30 6288731
Get in contact with German companies in 3 easy steps! With one single question you can reach all relevant German Pavilion exhibitors of your selected industrial branch.
Click here if you notice an image that violates copyright or privacy rights.