Since 1993, Comtel Electronics is a leader in high performance Backplanes and systems for Telcom, Networking, Cable, Cloud, Storage, Military and many other markets and applications. We bring cutting edge technologies to both proprietary and standards based backplanes including ATCA, CompactPCI, MicroTCA, PXIe, VPX, CompactSerial, and with the latest high speed connectors.
Comtel is breaking through performance barriers with our new 100Gbps Air-/-Plane backplane technology that can boost your system performance, reduced BER, and time to market.
From concept to production Comtel has expertise in a wide range of engineering disciplines including high speed transmission line design, mechanical, thermal, PCBA’s, wiring, functional test, shelf management, system engineering and software design.
Comtel is a private company headquartered in Munich, Germany. The Comtel Group encompasses operations in Germany, USA, Israel, and China. Comtel is an active member of PICMG consortium, contributing in development of advanced telecommunication standards as AdvancedTCA and MicroTCA.
Comtel Backplane engineering expertise has a proven track record. We provide optimized designs that meet all electrical requirements and are cheaper and easier to produce.
We specialize in re-designing existing Backplanes to reduce layer-counts and therefore the cost. Right first time, conformance to industry norms, Design For Manufacturing (DFM) and Design For Testing (DFT) are all areas of custom Backplane engineering in which we excel.
The latest CAD and simulation tools along side full measurement and characterization facilities form the basis of this technological lead.
Comtel designs and manufactures standard-architecture Backplanes, custom-specific Backplanes, sub-racks and integrated enclosures. Our standard-architecture product range includes VME, VME64x, VXI, VXS, VPX, Gigabit VME64x CompactPCI®, PXI, AdvancedTCA® and microTCATM.
- 19”, 14U Rackmount chassis
- 450W or 600W per slot Cooling Options
- Ultra high performance Air-/-Plane backplane supporting 40Gbps and now 100Gbps!
- Accommodates 14, ATCA boards and RTMs
- Redundant Pigeon Point Based Shelf Manager
- 4 redundant Power Entry Modules (A1+ A2 and B1 + B2) to accommodate up to 800W per slot
- Pull cooling with 4 hot-swappable redundant fan trays with excellent airflow distribution
- High Reliability Bussed or Radial IPMB
- Extremely low Insertion Loss Deviation (ILD)
- Unprecedentedly matched impedance throughout the entire signal path
- Low fitted Attenuation due to high performance high speed materials
- Lots of margin on Return loss limit
- Well controlled Insertion Loss to Crosstalk ratio (ICR)
- Exceeding 40GBASE-KR4 specification
- Ready for 100G application
VPX-C-FRAME Development Platform
- Accommodate up to 6 front and rear boards with max 1.4” pitch
- Modular construction accommodates 3U and 6U VPX form factors
- Conduction and Convection slot Cooling Options
- VPX Backplane can be tailored to your needs
- Comprehensive stand-alone monitoring solution:
Fan tachometer sensors
Graphical display to show sensor data in real time
- VPX ready Chassis Manager based on Pigeon Point Systems SHMM700 module
The ATCA Air-/- Plane technology enables ATCA developers to increase blade power dissipation in telecom, Network, and Cloud systems and reaches new heights with 100 Gbps!
To get more detail, please see our website: www.comtel-online.de
Comtel Electronics GmbH
Bretonischer Ring 11
Phone: +49 8943 7789-0
Get in contact with German companies in 3 easy steps! With one single question you can reach all relevant German Pavilion exhibitors of your selected industrial branch.
Click here if you notice an image that violates copyright or privacy rights.